- We strive to provide complete care for our patients. Learn more about all the services we provide.
Your Chiropractor in Columbus Provides Holistic Fibromyalgia Treatment
Nearly three out of every ten people in the U.S. has been diagnosed with fibromyalgia, a chronic pain condition affecting ligaments, muscles and other soft tissues. Formerly called fibrositis, fibromyalgia may be a genetic disorder emerging when someone is under physical and/or emotional stress. In fact, research has shown that autoimmune diseases such as lupus and rheumatoid arthritis can actually trigger fibromyalgia symptoms. Nervous system abnormalities found in people diagnosed with fibromyalgia also affect the way the spinal cord and brain process the sensation and perception of low back pain, neck pain and joint stiffness. By treating fibromyalgia with chiropractic care that restores normal functioning to the nervous system, your GA chiropractor can eliminate systemic pain and significantly increase your quality of life.
Symptoms of Fibromyalgia
In addition to chronic neck pain and stiffness and low back pain, signs of fibromyalgia include:
- Joint, tendon and muscle tenderness. These areas may be sore to the touch and redder than normal skin color
- Flu-like symptoms such as all-over achiness, fever, nausea, diarrhea and throbbing headache
- Overwhelming fatigue, feeling unwell and tired in the morning and awakening multiple times throughout the night
- Cognitive disturbances ("fibro fog") involving difficulty concentrating, inability to remember important events/tasks and losing train of thought
- Depression, anxiety, panic and moodiness
- Mouth and eye dryness
- Heart palpitations/chest pain
- Worsening of food/seasonal allergies
- Numbness and tingling in the hands, feet, arms and legs
People visiting their primary care physician for fibromyalgia treatment are frequently misdiagnosed with influenza or other viral infection. Unfortunately, they are prescribed treatments ineffective for relieving fibromyalgia symptoms and restoring nervous system health. If you think you are suffering from fibromyalgia, schedule an appointment with your chiropractor in Columbus to receive chiropractic care specifically meant to help fibrositis.
Chiropractic Adjustments for Fibromyalgia
Widespread inflammation of the body caused by misaligned spinal vertebrae pressing on nerve endings is responsible for most of the debilitating symptoms suffered by people with fibromyalgia. When your GA chiropractor performs an adjustment to your spine, your vertebrae are gently moved back into their proper positions so that nerve endings are no longer compressed and irritated. In addition, a manipulation and adjustment also improves your overall musculoskeletal health, stimulates the lymphatic system to pump out excess fluids and toxins and stimulates oxygenated blood flow to your intravertebral discs. By stabilizing your nervous system with a chiropractic adjustment, you will enjoy neck pain and low back pain relief as well as alleviation of other fibromyalgia symptoms.
Chiropractic Massage for Fibromyalgia
Combining adjustments with massage therapy helps reduce emotional and cognitive problems, decreases cortisol levels to prevent stress-induced illness, and significantly improves your immune system response to bacterial or viral infections.
Discover the lifetime benefits of chiropractic care for fibromyalgia by calling Health First Family Chiropractic, P.C. today to make an appointment: 706-576-9844